|A splatter of blocks.
Blockhead is a major event in the Hypixel Pit. Like all major events, before it occurs, 3 minutes of advance warning is given. Blockhead lasts for 5 minutes.
When a Blockhead starts, players are randomly assigned a unique block. Killing players splatters the block around the area they died. If players gained assists for a kill, their blocks will be contained within the splatter based on their assist percentage. Players' placement during the event is determined by how many of their blocks are on the map at the end of the event.
During Blockhead, the following gameplay changes take effect:
- Quicktrail powerups spawn around the map in preset locations. Picking them up grants Quicktrail (0:20). While under the Quicktrail effect, gain Speed I and your blocks will appear wherever you walk. Quicktrail powerups regenerate after 15 seconds.
- Combat Boost powerups spawn around the map in preset locations. Picking them up grants Combat Boost (0:30). While under the Combat Boost effect, the splatter of blocks from kills has an increased radius and you take −20% damage. Combat Boost powerups regenerate after 15 seconds.
- Super Heal powerups spawn around the map in preset locations. Picking them up heals you to full and grants 4♥︎ absorption (max 8♥︎). Super Heal powerups regenerate after 15 seconds.
- Diamond Armor powerups spawn around the map in preset locations. Picking them up grants players a diamond helmet, chestplate and boots. Diamond armor earned from the event is removed at the end of the event. Diamond Armor powerups regenerate after 15 seconds.
The following rewards can be obtained based on players' placements during Blockhead:
- 2 renown and 4,000 gold and if the player scored within the top 5
- 1 renown and 1,500 gold if the player scored within the top 15
- 75 gold if the player did not score within the top 15
Additional rewards that players can earn during Blockhead:
- 1,250 gold if at least 10,000 blocks were replaced during the event
- 666 gold and 666 XP for killing 10 players during the event
Prior to a patch in early 2021, the Note Block could not be overridden. The note block was eventually removed from the possible blocks.
The Blockhead event is loosely based on the video game Splatoon.