|An experience bottle. Used in The Pit to represent XP.
XP (short for Experience) is an essential resource in The Pit. Similarly to gold, accumulating it is required to prestige. A player's XP determines their level and prestige. Players can view the XP they need to level up in the sidebar and their lifetime XP at the Stats NPC.
The following are a variety of ways players may obtain XP:
- Killing players rewards a base of 5 XP.
- Completing personal bonus tasks in certain major events rewards XP.
- Eating chocolate chips in the Giant Cake give 100 XP.
- Being one of the first 5 players to answer a Quick Maths question grants 250 XP.
- Clicking the dragon egg rewards increasing amounts of XP per click.
- Every 10 minutes, all players in the lobby receive "Participation XP," 1/6595th of the player's prestige requirement. It can be increased by the XP Boost passive upgrade.
- 100 XP can be found as an item in sewer treasures and care packages.
- Completing the King's Quest gives 30% of the player's XP requirement to prestige.
- Potions from the Olympus perk grant 27 XP on consumption.
- Night Quests grant 200 XP plus 25 XP per prestige the player has.
- Killstreaks such as Second Gapple, Explicious, Ice Cube, and Apostle to RNGesus give the user XP.
- Dying while on the Overdrive megastreak gives 4,000 XP.
- If a player uses a Mark of Recon Essence, all other players in the lobby usually receive between 25 and 100 XP. Rarely, they may receive 1000 XP.
- The Combo: XP mystic gives up to 36 XP per activation.
In addition to the base 5 XP on kill, there are multiple ways to increase the base XP earned on kill. The maximum XP earned on kill is 400, but can be increased in various ways.
- The first 3 kills every life grant +4 XP.
- The El Gato passive gives +5 XP for your first few kills every life, depending on the tier.
- The Renown XP Bump upgrade gives up to +10 more base XP on kill.
- The XP Bump mystic gives up to +6 base XP per kill.
- The XP Stack killstreak increases XP earned on kill by a varying amount for your current prestige.
- Killing players with a higher level than yourself earns bonus XP. This bonus XP is +1 XP for every 5 levels higher the victim is. Killing a "noob," or someone level 20 or lower, reduces XP gain by −10%.
- Killing players while on a killstreak increases the base XP earned on kill depending on how high the player's streak is.
- While on a 3 or 4 killstreak, gain +3 XP from the streak XP bonus.
- While on a 5 to 19 killstreak, gain +5 XP from the streak XP bonus.
- While on a 20 or higher killstreak, gain +3 XP per 10 kills in the streak, up to +30 XP at a 100 killstreak, or up to +60 XP at a 200 killstreak if the user has the Experience-industrial Complex upgrade.
- The Streaker perk triples the killstreak bonus.
- The Sweaty mystic increases the killstreak bonus XP by up to +60% and increases the maximum XP on kill by up to 100. Sweaty can be found on Mystic Swords, bows, standard colors of pants, and Rage Pants.
- Killing a player who has a killstreak of higher than 3 rewards bonus XP as a "streak shutdown" bonus.
- Shutting down a streak of 3 or 4 rewards +15 XP.
- Shutting down a streak of 5 to 19 rewards +25 XP.
- Shutting down a streak of 20 or higher rewards +15 XP per 10 kills in the streak, up to +300 XP (at a 200 killstreak shutdown).
The XP earned is then multiplied by all of the following that are applicable:
- 2x Rewards, King of the Ladder, and Team Deathmatch increase XP earned from killing players by +100%. The King of the Hill event adds +300%. Being a beast in the Beast event grants +200% XP, but only on kills.
- The Angel Faction's tier VII reward permanently increases XP earned by +1% XP for every time they have been claimed, up to +15% XP.
- The Golden Helmet's Royalty enchantment gives +10% XP from kills and assists.
- The Sewer Pants enchantment Worm increases XP gain from kills in the Sewers by +20%.
- The Dark Pants enchantment Lycanthropy increases XP gain from kills at nighttime by +10%.
- The Super Streaker killstreak gives the user 50 XP and permanently increases their XP gain by +5% (maximum of +50% XP) until they die or return to spawn. It triggers every 10 kills. Bonus XP earned from Super Streaker bypasses the per-kill maximum.
- The XP Boost passive increases XP on kills by up to +50%, or +60% with the One-Upper renown upgrade.
- The Pit MBA enchantment grants up to +30% XP if there are at least 5 players within 15 blocks of the player.
- The XP Boost mystic enchantment increases XP on kills by up to +30%.
- The Co-op Cat perk gives +50% XP on assists.
- The Promotion!! renown upgrade upgrades the Assistant (to the) Streaker perk to give +15% XP on assists.
- Certain megastreaks also give XP multipliers. Overdrive and Beastmode give +50% XP and Hermit gives +5% XP for every 10 kills, with a maximum of 200 kills (+75% XP).
- The To the Moon megastreak gives a +20% XP multiplier and increases the maximum kill XP by +100. Additionally, the amount of XP earned while on a To the Moon streak is copied. On death, the player will earn this amount of XP again multiplied by 0.005× per kill over 100, maxing at a 300 streak (1×).
- If the victim is or was in a party during the time they were on the current server, earn +10% XP from the kill.
- If it is Pit Day, players earn 2× XP from all sources.
In order to prestige, a player needs to have reached level 120. The amount of XP to reach level 120 depends on the prestige.
|Prestige||Multiplier||XP to Prestige||Total XP Needed|
‡ As of January 2nd, 2023, upon earning 2,147,483,647 XP in one prestige, the player automatically levels up to 120. This causes the player to instantly gain several billion XP.
- In the Prototype version of The Pit, XP was maxed at 1,000,000 at level 100 (prestige IX today). This was changed in The Pit 0.2.