|The Pit Update 0.2 - Prestige and Stats!
|The Prestige NPC.
|Release Date||March 4th, 2018
|← Quick Patch Notes — Tiny post-update patch →
The Pit 0.2 was the second major version of the Hypixel Pit. It introduced prestiging, renown, stats, and other minor changes.
Prestiging was released to The Pit. Additionally, the maximum level was increased to 120 (previously 100) and the amount of XP needed to reach the maximum level was decreased to 65,950 XP (previously 1,000,000 XP). In order to prestige, players needed to have a certain amount of gold on their possession—different than the "gold grinded" system in place today.
Prestiging gave the player certain amounts of renown. As events and megastreaks did not exist, this was the only way to obtain renown. The maximum prestige a player could obtain was XXIII.
The renown shop was added with fifteen items.
- Added the Stats NPC, requiring level 50 to view statistics.
- Added /pitchat.
- Guild Coins (now Guild XP) are now earned passively over time.
- Added a message that occasionally broadcasts that teaming is allowed.
- Added a message on join telling nicked players that their level on the tab list is obsfucated.
- Limited healing items on pickup.
- Differentiated bounty creations from increments in the broadcasted message.
- Stopped iron and diamond armor from being picked up if the player already had a copy in their inventory.
- Disabled crafting.
- Stopped players from putting Golden Heads on their heads to avoid a duplication exploit.
- Stopped players from outfitting various invisible armor stands.
- Fixed a bug where lava would never disappear.
- Fixed a bug where players could leave the map and start playing survival.