|A gold ingot. Used in The Pit to represent gold.
Gold (g) is an essential resource in The Pit. Similarly to XP, accumulating it is required to prestige. A player can view how much gold they currently have in the sidebar on the right side of their screen.
Gold may be spent to purchase shop items, perks, passives, killstreaks, items from Auction minor events, and mystic item upgrades.
The following are a variety of ways players may obtain gold:
- Killing players rewards a base of 10 gold.
- Killing players with a bounty will award the killer with the bounty. Using a Bounty Solvent will award the player with +50% more gold.
- Picking up ingots rewards 2 gold. This amount can be increased with the Gold Boost passive, the Trickle-down perk, the Pebble enchantment on Mystic Pants, and the Renown Gold Boost renown upgrade.
- Standing on the structure during the King of the Ladder event gives gold.
- Completing personal bonus tasks in certain major events rewards gold. The Self-Confidence renown upgrade grants bonus gold based on the player's placement in major events. This gold is affected by the Paparazzi Mystic Pants enchantment.
- Eating cherries in the Giant Cake give 150 gold, increasing by 37.5g for every 50 slices eaten.
- Being one of the first 5 players to answer a Quick Maths question grants 500 gold.
- 100g can be found as an item in Care Packages.
- Clicking the dragon egg rewards 25 gold per click.
- Mining obsidian with the Purple Gold Mystic Pants enchantment grants up to 15 gold per block mined.
- Completing the King's Quest gives 10,000 gold and an additional 2,000 gold for every prestige the player has.
- Completing contracts give between 400 and 5,000 gold. This amount can be increased by as much as +100% with the Negotiator mystic enchant.
- Completing daily quests gives 1,000 gold, and completing the weekly Double Up quest gives 10,000.
- Mystic enchantments, such as Strike Gold and Pitpocket, allow players to earn and steal gold by hitting players.
- 200 gold can be found as a loot item in Sewer Treasures.
In addition to the base 10 gold on kill, there are multiple ways to increase the base gold earned on kill. The maximum gold earned on kill is 2,500g. The only exception is on Pit Day, when it is increased to 5,000g.
The Promotion!! renown upgrade upgrades the Assistant (to the) Streaker perk to give +2 gold on kills and assists. The Spammer perk also gives +2 gold on every assist.
The El Gato passive gives +5 gold on kill for up to your first five kills each life.
Killing a player who is on a killstreak of 3 or higher rewards +2 gold for every kill in their streak as a "streak shutdown" bonus, up to 80 gold (40 killstreak).
- The first 3 kills every life grant +4 gold.
- Killing players with more armor than you gives up to an additional +16 gold. The value is calculated by doing the following:
- The "values" of the killer and victim's armor pieces are added up.
All other forms of armor, regardless of their effective defense, award 0g.
- Diamond armor pieces give +4 gold.
- Iron armor pieces give +2 gold.
- Safety First gives +1 gold.
- The killer's armor value is subtracted from the victim's armor value. If the result is positive, this amount is added to the base gold.
The gold earned is then multiplied by all of the following that are applicable:
- The Renown Gold Boost upgrade gives up to +25% more gold on kill.
- The Gold Boost passive increases gold on kills by up to +50%, or +60% with the One-Upper renown upgrade.
- The Gold Boost enchantment gives up to +45% gold on kill.
- The Pit MBA enchantment grants up to +50% gold if there are at least 5 players within 15 blocks of the player.
- The Gold Stack killstreak increases gold earned on kill by a varying amount, depending on your current prestige.
- The Co-op Cat perk gives +50% gold on assists.
- 2x Rewards, King of the Ladder, Team Deathmatch, and Rage Pit increase gold earned from killing players by +100%. The King of the Hill event adds +300%. Being a beast in the Beast event grants +200% gold, but only on kills.
- The Celebrity renown upgrade gives +100% gold from kills and assists.
- Shooting a player with the Spammer perk equipped gives a bonus of +200% gold on that player.
- Certain megastreaks also give gold multipliers. Overdrive gives +100% gold[bug]In-game description states +50% gold., Beastmode gives +75% gold, Highlander gives +110% gold, and Hermit gives +5% gold for every 10 kills, with a maximum of 200 kills (+75% gold).
- Killing a "noob," or someone level 20 or lower, reduces the gold reward by −10%.
In order to prestige, a player needs to have grinded a certain amount of gold. This does not necessarily mean that the player needs to have that amount of gold in their inventory; the gold simply needs to have been earned at any point during the prestige. Actions such as trading do not count towards the gold requirement.
Players are able to trade up to 50,000 gold per day.
The gold requirements for each prestige are as follows:
Before The Pit 1.0.5, gold requirements were extremely high, requiring as much as 18,180,000g grinded to prestige. The gold requirements for all prestiges are now capped at 2,000,000g each.